Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blogospheric Tailored Thanksgivings



Happy thanksgiving to all!

As I sit here reflecting on everything I’m thankful for, I have realized that I could go on for hours. I am most thankful for my wife and my daughters, my career, my true friends, laughter, happiness, my current place in life……..and on and on I could go. Really though, my previous post on my belief statement could help serve as a list of things I’m thankful for.

So, instead of laying out everything I’m thankful for, (as that will be reserved for my family gathering on Thursday), I thought I would tailor the following thanksgivings to what and who I have been thankful for over the last two and a half months from a blogospheric perspective.

I’m thankful for…..

Timothy Johnson because he was my inspiration to enter the wonderful blogosphere – and he is a creative mind with a big heart
Troy Worman and all the connections he has created through his compassion and generosity – and for the honor of being called an ON! Blog
Liz Strauss
for opening up her blog on Tuesdays for many to gather for great conversations, Klondike’s, Fat Tires, and fellowship
J. Erik Potter and Bob Loch (two fellow blogging classmates) for continued support, as well as their help and advice on this blogging journey – and for the building of new relationships
Ann Michael for the great discussions we’ve had on her site at Manage to Change
Erika Andersen for initiating our first conversation – and for the inspiration for my “Two Simple, Yet Powerful Words” series
Steve Farber for being the first one to post a comment on my blog (what an honor!) – and for the inspiration I gained from reading his two books
Don Frederiksen’s teachings on how to “lead quietly”
Starbucker’s inspiration for getting me to start to think about my “belief statement”
Drew McLellan’s thoughts on how to begin to change the world – and for his guest lecture in class on social media
Robert Hruzek’s “What I Learned From…..” group writing project and his other thought provoking and inspiring posts
April Groves’ and her passion for children
And, the great conversations, discussions, learning I have been a part of.


I know I’m leaving out so many others. I want to say “Thank You” to everyone who has not only visited this site, but who has allowed me to meander on theirs. Your passion and your writings really do inspire others!
picture courtesy of animals.nationalgeographic.com

8 comments:

Robert Hruzek said...

Hey, thanks for including me in such stellar company!

Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

Anonymous said...

Eric - wow... to headline such an amazing list. We've talked this semester about one person's ability to change the world. One of my biggest "carpe factum" moments will be introducing you to blogging... I know the world will be a better place because of your blog.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hey Erie Peterson!
Thank you. I'm heartened to be part of such a fine list. You've identified some really great folks to follow here. I'm delighted to know you!
Liz

J. Erik Potter said...

Thanks for the kind words, Eric. I continue to feed off of your enthusiasm for this new world. Happy Thanksgiving!

Eric Peterson said...

Robert - The pleasures mine. Thank you for your thought provoking posts.

Tim - Thanks so much for the kind words, and thank you for your great inspiration and encouragement. I sure hope I can have an impact on people through my writing.

Liz - Thank you for gracing my blog with your presence. You truly are an inspiration for others. And, I'm just as delighted to know you.

Erik - Keep up the good work on your blog. You really are writing great stuff. And, thank you for continually visiting mine!

April Groves said...

The feelings are amazingly mutual - thanks Eric!

Eric Peterson said...

April - Thank you again for your passion and inspiration.

Unknown said...

Eric -

Muchas gracias for including me in your thank you list - hope you had a wonderful, grateful Thanksgiving!

Abrazos,
Tu tocaya Erika