Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Scheduled Blogging

So I've come to realize that I may just need to get more organized: in life, in work, in school, in parenting, in blogging, in so many facets of life. For that reason, I've decided that I'm going to try and schedule my blogging. Starting next Monday (July 14th), I'm going to start down my journey of scheduled blogging. I've picked three days a week that I will post on this site:

  • Mondays will be titled as "Miscellaneous Mondays", "Motivated Mondays", or "Other Rambling Mondays" - On this day, I will be posting various things. Some will be off the wall fun things to start the week. Some will be motivational pieces. And some will be just other stuff.....wherever my self-diagnosed-adult-onset-ADD brain takes me.
  • Wednesdays will be titled as "Weekly Feature Wednesdays" - On this day, I will be featuring other blogs that I find inspirational and worth featuring. It may be a post that inspired me, a whole blog site that is laid out well, anything that features another blog.
  • Fridays will be titled as "Leadership Lesson Fridays" - On this day, I'll stick to the main theme of this blog, which is to teach/learn/inspire on anything leadership related.

This is something I've wanted to try for some time now, and I sure hope you'll join me on the journey. I'll do my best to not disappoint. In the meantime, I wish you all a fabulous week!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I really understand the need for blog organization! I'm still trying to figure it out myself ... when to post and when to read other blogs (and when to have face to face conversations, like with my spouse!) In the meantime, I look forward to checking out your new schedule!

Anonymous said...

Great idea...Eric, what I have learned in my own blogging is to set aside not only time to blog but a time to think about the topic. For me, the drivetime in and back from work fits my schedule. That way, when i sit down, I can pound something out fairly quickly. No editing comments please...lol...best, GL HOFFMAN
Minneapolis
http://blogs.jobdig.com/wwds

Eric Peterson said...

Brenda - Life gets extremely busy, and I'm hoping this will help me stay on "blogging track." I've realized that I've just had too many long breaks, and I'm hoping this will keep me going.

GL - THanks for stopping by. I appreciate it. I've already found that knowing what I'm going to blog about 3 days a week has helped me brainstorm ideas. I've written out the daily topics for the first few weeks already. THe difficult part will be when I reach a writing "funk," and how my scheduled blogging helps me respond!!

Drivetime can be a great time to think about topics. I do some of my best thinking while driving :)
I've realized that I really need to capture ideas as they hit my brain. I've fogotton some really good ideas!