Thursday, July 17, 2008

Laughter's Healing Power - A 25 Words Challenge

Liz Strauss challenged me the other day to take part in her writing project: "25 Words of Work/Life Wisdom." The challenge (and it definitely has been a challenge) is to look for something you see too much or too little of, and put your thoughts into 25 words. Well, for this long winded fellow, it surely was a fun little challenge!! After considerable thought, I decided I'd touch on how I feel about humor/laughter:

Laughter's Healing Power

Laughter is a truly healing medicine,
reducing unneeded stress,
softening sometimes unbearable pain,
and brightening someone else's day.
Are you helping to heal the world?

Thanks Liz, for a wonderful exercise. There have been some great entries already. Won't all of you join in the fun?

2 comments:

Lillie Ammann said...

Eric,
Laughter can make such a difference, yet just when they need it most, many people forget the healing power. You said a lot in 25 words.

Eric Peterson said...

Thanks Lillie. I really do believe in the power of humor and laughter. If I can help to lift someone up through humor, then that's what I try to do.

What a great project Liz had! It was fun.