Friday, September 14, 2007

It's Almost Game Time Baby!!!



Here it is, the night before the big in-state rivalry game between Iowa and Iowa State. Being a cyclone fan, I have to say that this year has been disappointing so far. About 2 months ago, I was thinking ISU would probably get 4 wins. However, as the season grew closer and closer, my excitement and dementia grew with it. Before the first kickoff I started thinking 6 wins and a possible bowl game.

Well that daydream came crashing down after 2 straight losses to Kent State and Northern Iowa. Actually, I should say that reality knocked me upside the head. I knew better than to expect a lot this season. New Coach. New System. A whole lot of “newness” this year. (By the way cyclone fans: You have to give Coach Chizik at least three years to bring some people in and instill his game plan. Keep believing).

With that said, I will have to continue to hold on to faith and hope. I might as well keep the dream alive. Who knows, maybe the clones can pull off the upset on Saturday. No one is giving them a chance, and why should they. I do have to say, if there is one truth that has stayed true for the last 9 years, it’s that this game has been the one game where ISU steps it up and plays well most every year. I would not be surprised if the clones pull off the upset by a score of 21-17.

Iowa definitely has the better team this year, but can ISU’s “superbowl at home” be enough motivation to wreak havoc on the Hawkeye’s plans? Only time will tell.

So, raise your cups and let’s toast to a GREAT rivalry, and a Cyclone Victory!!

My prediction is a closer score than most............Iowa 24, ISU 13 (oh, please let me be wrong)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This must be another post on sarcasm, since your prediction had U of I scoring less than 28 points.

Iowa 35 ISU 10

How about J-town’s homecoming tonight? Their 2-0 without giving up a point in 8 straight quarters..
JHS – 34 C.B.J. – 10

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a few posts behind on my reading. First, allow me to congradulate ISU & reinsert my foot in mouth.
JHS defense held another shut out last week. 12 quarters

Eric Peterson said...

The ISU-IOWA game was a fun one! Of course, the clones won, so that is good, but it was also nice to see a close game!

Congratulations to the Dragons!! It's great to see my alma mater shutting teams out. I'm anxious to see how they do over the next few weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Eric - you are to be congratulated on your faith in the Cyclones... now if Drake can pull off the upset over UNI, then the BULLDOGS are the new state champs (in football and basketball in one year... WOW!!!)

Eric Peterson said...

Tim,

Wouldn't that be something!! I'd like to see Drake keep it close, and maybe even pull out the win! They've already beaten one scholarship school.

I'd be at the game if I wasn't going to be out of town!