Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Steve Farber Teaser......

You've probably realized from a couple of my previous posts that I am a big Steve Farber fan. He's an extreme leadership guru and has authored two very practical business fables: The Radical Leap and The Radical Edge. They are smart and witty, and written in a way that will captivate you and hold your attention.

Well, he's at it again. Steve's working on a third novel (the title is up in the air at this point) that will release in January 2009, and I've got to tell you I am overly excited to see what practical knowledge he'll lay out for us again. If you get a chance, hop on over to his blog, where you will get a little two part teaser. He's put it out there for you: the prologue and chapter 1. It won't take long to read, but it will be enough to build your enthusiasm for January 2009. In the meantime, here's a little excerpt from chapter one:

I’m not really sure what to call it when things line themselves up without my slightest knowledge or influence. It’s like someone is executing a profoundly interlaced conspiracy to make all the random pieces of my life fit together. What is it? Karma? Kismet? Synchronicity? I don’t know, but it happens to me a lot, and more often than not it works out well. I just seem to meet the right teachers at the right time.


I’ve been blessed (maybe that’s the word) with the opportunity to work with some of the world’s preeminent thinkers in business leadership—like Tom Peters and Jim Kouzes to name a couple. And in recent years, under extremely odd and seemingly fortuitous circumstances, I’ve learned directly from some of the masters of Extreme Leadership—like William Maritime and Agnes Golden and Ted Garrison, names that’ll be familiar to readers of my previous books.

I’ve done a pretty good job of conveying the lessons I’ve learned along the way, and I think that’s why I’ve made a bit of a name for myself in certain circles. Some have even used the words “Steve Farber” and “leadership guru” in the same sentence, which, although gratifying to my ego, makes me squirm like I have a load of wet worms in my socks.

Right teachers. Right time. Odd circumstances.

I was thinking I should print that on my business card, because it was starting to happen all over again......


No comments: